Irvine Welsh has created some of the most thought provoking novels of the past 25 years, so much so that many pieces of his literary collection have been adapted in some form over the years. From the Danny Boyle's 1996 classic film Trainspotting to Paul McGuigan's film, The Acid House, each director has lent their unique talents to the telling of Welsh's cult classics. While a series of adaptation failures plagued Welsh in the late 1990's thru the early 2000's, there has always been a vibe around the announcement of another project. This year brings director Jon S. Baird's take on the mind and words of Irvine Welsh, the 1998 novel Filth, and I'm confident in saying it is the best adaptation of an Irvine Welsh novel since Trainspotting.
Now on Demand & iTunes, in theaters May 30th
TOM CRUISE AND EMILY BLUNT CHASE TOMORROW RIGHT TO THE EDGE:
THREE PREMIERES / THREE COUNTRIES / ONE DAY
On May 28, the stars of Edge of Tomorrow will take part in a groundbreaking worldwide event when, for the first time ever, three fan premieres will be held in three different countries in just one day, “resetting” the red carpet as Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt race the clock to make each event before time runs out!
In Edge of Tomorrow, Cruise’s character relives the events of one day over and over in an epic battle to save the world. The story begins as he arrives in London, making that city the perfect place to kick off this global event.
So....what's the agenda look like?!
- What We Watched
- Brad – Don’t You Forget About Me (Documentary), Dear Mr. Watterson (Documentary), Dark Legacy (Documentary), Unhung Hero (Documentary), The Trials of Muhammad Ali (Documentary), Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, Godzilla and X-Men: Days of Future Past
- Michael – Godzilla (Review), Million Dollar Arm (Review) and X-Men: Days of Future Past (Review)
- Topic: X-Men Franchise: The good, the bad and the really ugly…and where’s Gambit!
- Box Office Challenge (Brad and Michael go head to head on this weeks movies)
- Special Announcement regarding a new Cinemit Best of All Time Bracket!
It's inconceivable to think that on a blustery Indiana spring morning that I would have the pleasure of speaking with Wallace Shawn, the Wallace Shawn of infinite stage fame and hero to many for his roles in films like The Princess Bride, the Toy Story trilogy, Vegas Vacation, My Dinner with Andre and Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, The L Word and Clueless on the small screen. And a pleasure it was. And what were we speaking about, you ask? That would be Dan Fogler and Michael Canzoniero's Don Peyote. So when Wally (as he's more affectionately known) called me from NYC, we had a quick chat about the film and a few other things as well.
Don Peyote - in theaters, VOD & iTunes now! Inconceivable!