Every Friday, I'll post a list of the movies that are being released and give you my thoughts of the ones I've seen or would like to see. Please comment with your thoughts too!
For Greater Glory was screened for Cinemit members in NYC, Boston and Washington D.C. @jonctaylor said, "Portrayal of events deeply inspiring to some. Native language/subtitles could've given an artistic lift." Not really my cup o'tea, but probably some great performances.
I enjoyed Mirror Mirror (read my review here), released last month, but Snow White and the Huntsman is on the darker side (read my review here) and not nearly as good as I was hoping.
Hailing from Algeria, A Cat in Paris screened at the Children's International Film Festival in New York, and also was nominated for an Oscar as Best Animated Feature Film of the Year. Looks to be a lot of fun, I love cat movies!
Piranha 3D was one of my guilty pleasures last year, and was initially excited to hear of a sequel, Piranha 3D, but now I'm hesitant as I've seen very little advertisement and it will most likely be ridiculous. The question now is, will it be fun and mindless or mind-numbing?
- Snow White and the Huntsman
Screened for Cinemit members in Atlanta, GA, Boston, MA, Charlotte, NC, Greenville, SC, King of Prussia, PA, Mobile, AL, Nashville, TN, NYC, Raleigh, NC
Featuring: Kristen Stewart, Chris Hemsworth and Charlize Theron
Plot: In a twist to the fairy tale, the Huntsman ordered to take Snow White into the woods to be killed winds up becoming her protector and mentor in a quest to vanquish the Evil Queen.
- Battlefield America
- Featuring: Marques Houston, Mekia Cox and Christopher Jones
- Plot: A young businessman hires an instructor to turn a group of misfit kids into a team on the underground dance competition circuit.
- Piranha 3DD - On Demand Now
- Featuring: Danielle Panabaker, David Hasselhoff and Matt Bush
- Plot: After the events at Lake Victoria, the pre-historic school of blood-thirsty piranhas make their way into a newly opened waterpark.
- 5 Broken Cameras
- A documentary on a Palestinian farmer's chronicle of his nonviolent resistance to the actions of the Israeli army.
- A Cat in Paris
- A thrilling mystery that unfurls in the alleys and on the rooftops of the French capital, Paris, over the course of one adventurous evening.
- Apartment 143 - On Demand Now
- A team of parapsychologists try to figure out a strange phenomena occurring in an apartment building.
- Cellmates - On Demand Now
- Leroy Lowe, grand dragon of the Texas Ku Klux Klan confronts everything he's been taught to hate when he's sentenced to three years of hard labor on a prison work farm.
- Chely Wright: Wish Me Away - On Demand Now
- After a lifetime of hiding, Chely Wright becomes the first commercial country music singer to come out as gay, shattering cultural stereotypes within Nashville, per conservative heartland family and, most importantly, within herself.
- Crooked Arrows - Rated "Sudden Victory!" by Cinemit members in Westbury, NY and New Brunswick, NJ
- A story centered on a Native American lacrosse team making its way through a prep school league tournament.
- For Greater Glory - Showing in 700+ theaters, screened for Cinemit members in NYC, Boston, MA and Washington D.C.
- A chronicle of the Cristeros War (1926-1929), which was touched off by a rebellion against the Mexican government's attempt to secularize the country.
- Like Water - On Demand Now
- In the most brutal and often most misunderstood sport in the world, becoming a champion takes more than just blood, sweat, and tears. Like Water follows middleweight Ultimate Fighter Anderson Silva as he prepares to crown his four-year run as the unbeaten king of the sport with a record 12th straight win in the UFC.
- The Loved Ones - Private Screening in NYC presented by Cinemit & Tugg!
- When Brent turns down his classmate Lola's invitation to the prom, she concocts a wildly violent plan for revenge.
- High School - screened for Cinemit members in Atlanta, GA, Boston, MA, Brooklyn, NY, Cherry Hill, NJ, Chicago, IL, Raleigh, NC
- A high school valedictorian who gets baked with the local stoner finds himself the subject of a drug test. The situation causes him to concoct an ambitious plan to get his entire graduating class to face the same fate, and fail.
- Paul Williams Still Alive
- Documentary filmmaker tracks down actor/singer/songwriter Paul Williams in an attempt to find out what happened to his idol.
- Pink Ribbons, Inc.
- Feature documentary that shows how the devastating reality of breast cancer, which marketing experts have labeled a "dream cause," becomes obfuscated by a shiny, pink story of success.
- Rowdy Rathore
- Shiva (Akshay Kumar) is a small time conman in love with Priya (Sonakshi Sinha), a pretty girl whom he met at a wedding he wasn't invited to. Into this picture perfect world enters six year old Neha who inexplicably believes Shiva to be her dad!
- Sexual Chronicles of a French Family - Opens at the IFC Center, New York, NY - On Demand Now
- After getting caught filming himself masturbating in biology class, Romain unwittingly breaks through his familyâ€™s treatment of sex as a taboo subject matter. The incident triggers his mother, Claire, to open a dialogue with the family, encouraging them to explore their sexuality more freely and openly. As each of these family members push the boundaries of their sensuality, SEXUAL CHRONICLES OF A FRENCH FAMILY paints a portrait of three generations taking their next steps in life.
- U.N. Me - screened for Cinemit members in Chicago, IL
- Documentary filmmaker Ami Horowitz takes us on a brutal tour of a number of places where the UN has intervened.
What will you be seeing?