The third installment of the Ben Stiller/Robert DeNiro family comedy Little Fockers was released on DVD and Blu-ray today! Some lucky Cinemit members caught a free screening of this movie in New York City back in December 2010.
Special features are only included in the Blu-Ray version, but are pretty good (courtesy of DVD Talk):
- "Alternate Opening" (3:36) offers a dreamscape horror show for Greg, caught marrying his worst nightmare while Pam and Kevin stand by and watch.
- "Alternate Ending" (3:15) brings about some closure for Alba's character, while reinforcing Greg's discomfort with Kevin's attention toward Pam.
- "Deleted Scenes" (14:19) expands roles played by Harvey Keitel and Kevin Hart, further explores Pam-centric tension between Greg and Kevin, builds Laura Dern's part as a love interest/stalker for Kevin, offers some post-coital giggling between Bernie and Roz, and observes the strain between Jack and Bernie during a hospital visit.
- "Gag Reel" (7:02) highlights a routine collection of mix-em-ups, displaying the giggle fits and clumsiness of the cast.
- "The Making of a Godfocker" (15:04) is a highly promotional featurette, more concerned with reinforcing the "fun" the cast and crew had while making the film than exploring a substantial portion of its creations. Cast and crew interviews are animated (most conducted on-set), but the flow is often disrupted by numerous film clips.
- "Bob and Ben" (4:37) reflects on the working relationship between De Niro and Stiller, who recall the origins of their roles and their personal friendship during the film's junket.
- "Ben and Owen" (5:29) turns attention to Stiller and Wilson, again tracing personal and professional history, while recalling some of their greatest triumphs and cinematic failures.
- "Bout Time" (4:02) isolates the climatic fight sequence between Jack and Greg, chatting up the considerable stunt and comedy effort.
- "The Focker Foot Locker" (1:40) collects and burns through every utterance of the name "Focker" found throughout the franchise.
- A Theatrical Trailer is NOT included.
Although it wasn't critically acclaimed, is Little Fockers worth your time?
Click here to tell us!
Directed by: Paul Weitz
Written by: Jim Herzfeld, John Hamburg and Larry Stuckey
Featuring: Robert De Niro, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Blythe Danner, Teri Polo, Jessica Alba, Laura Dern, Harvey Keitel, Dustin Hoffman and Barbra Streisand
Plot: Family-patriarch Jack Byrnes wants to appoint a successor. Does his son-in-law, the "male nurse," Greg Focker have what it takes?